Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Life on the Run

I finally have more time on my hands to spend on reading, so first up is Bart Yasso's My Life on the Run.


I read it nearly in one sitting.  It's an enjoyable book by one of the best known guys in running, and creator of the infamous Yasso 800's (a training session I have yet to implement, but will probably try when the next marathon rolls around).  While never a powerhouse runner along the lines of Dick Beardsley or Alberto Salazar, Bart Yasso is nevertheless a talented runner with a great personal history in the sport, making the book and his recollections truly entertaining.

As a runner, any running book I read leaves me wanting to sign up for the next race I can find, and this book is no different.  But reading this book left me more jealous than anything.  Bart Yasso is a man whose job combines running, writing and traveling.  He has traveled all over the world for various races while writing about them for Runner's World.  What could possibly be better than that?

In the meantime, I'm preparing for my own bout of traveling.  I'm leaving next week for Europe; starting in Ireland and making my way east through England, Germany, and hopefully finishing in Turkey.  I'll be sure to blog as much as I can, and will hopefully do some running over there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...